The Kyrene Elementary School District is an “A” rated district comprised of 25 schools (19 elementary and 6 middle schools). The District’s boundaries encompass all of Ahwatukee, and parts of Chandler, Guadalupe, Tempe, and the Gila River Indian Reservation. Kyrene enrolls approximately 18,000 students in K-8 grades, and over 400 preschool children. In addition to our regular classrooms, we offer choice programs
for those who prefer an alternative or enhanced approach to learning. These include: dual language, traditional, college preparatory, leadership, and gifted. In addition, there are a variety of on site community
programs available before/after school and
during school breaks.
OUR TEACHERS have high expectations for students and themselves. They are dedicated to the social, emotional and academic development of each child. All are 100% certified and highly qualified, and provided with continuous training and professional development.
OUR REPUTATION speaks of high academic standards; innovative teaching methods; a “whole child” approach; and conservation in managing resources. Kyrene has over 125 years of excellence in education.
prepares all students for educational and life challenges to make positive contributions to society. These teachers--and all employees--realize our mission is to inspire and engage our diverse community of students, staff, families and citizens to ensure continuous academic achievement and personal growth for every student. Read more about our vision and mission: Blueprint for Kyrene
Kyrene is one of the top performing districts in the state with unique benefits that set us apart:
- AIMS Scores that exceed the State average in reading, science and math
- Common core curriculum to increase college and career readiness
- A well-rounded education that includes art, music, library and P.E.
- Development of the whole child before, during and after school
- Technology learning tools preparing students for real world applications
- Gifted self-contained classrooms (2-5), Advanced placement (4-8)
- Dual language, leadership and traditional academy offerings
- Middle school electives in Spanish, fine arts, multi-media, theatre, band, chorus and orchestra
- Middle school intramurals; middle school cut and non-cut sports