Excellence in education for over 125 years
Kyrene is one of the top performing districts in the state. Your child will benefit from our educational programs which include:
• A well-rounded education that includes art, music, library and P.E.
• Development of the whole child before, during and after school
• Technology learning tools preparing students for real world applications
• STEM and team learning opportunities at all grade levels
• Gifted services at all schools
• Self-contained classrooms (2-5), Advanced placement (4-8)• Arts integration, dual language, leadership and traditional academy offerings
• Elementary and middle school intramurals; middle school cut and non-cut sports
• Middle school electives in Spanish, fine arts, multi-media, theatre, band, chorus, orchestra and more
Kyrene Elementary School District has consistently been one of the top districts in Arizona. There are 25 schools (19 elementary and 6 middle schools). The District’s boundaries encompass all of Ahwatukee, and parts of Chandler, Guadalupe, Tempe, and the Gila River Indian Reservation. Kyrene enrolls approximately 17,500 students in K-8 grades, and over 400 preschool children.
In addition to our regular classrooms, we offer choice programs
for those who prefer an alternative or enhanced approach to learning. Our choice academic programs include: arts integration, dual language, traditional, college preparatory, leadership, and gifted. In addition, there are a variety of on site community
programs available before/after school and
during school breaks.
Our teachers have high expectations for students and themselves. They
are dedicated to the social, emotional and academic development of each
child. All are 100% certified and highly qualified per Arizona teaching
standards. They are supported with continuous training and professional